20+ Years of Exterminating Rodents
Rodent Control in Western New York
Whether it's rats or mice, rodents are unwelcome pests in your home in Western New York. They can carry disease, chew away at your furniture and walls, and leave behind waste. Don't let your rodent problem get out of hand: contact the rodent control exterminators at Eco Serve Pest Control.
Get a Free Estimate
Professional Rodent Control You Can Rely On
With years of experience removing mice and preventing infestations, Eco Serve Pest Control has the expertise to handle your situation. Our residential and commercial programs routinely handle mice problems in homes and businesses around Western New York. When our exterminators come to your home or business, we do not just set up traps and leave. We provide rodent control which involves inspecting exterior and interior spaces around your building with the intent to establish preventative measures that keep mice out of your home throughout the year. We seal gaps, cracks, and locate problem areas that need to be addressed as an integral component of your entire pest control strategy.
Facts About the Mice in Your Home
If you come across a mouse in your home or business, chances are that it is a common house mouse. The house mouse is the most common rodent pest in most parts of the world.
- Mice are typically 2 1/2 - 3 3/4" in length.
- They have large ears (compared to their bodies) and small beady dark eyes.
- The house mouse ranges in color from gray to brown and has a light brown belly.
- Mice can often be difficult to control due to the fact that they can breed rapidly and adapt quickly to changing conditions. In fact, a female house mouse can give birth to a half dozen babies every three weeks and can produce up to 35 young per year. That can add up to a massive rodent infestation within a matter of months.
- They like to eat seeds but will feed on all kinds of food.
- Mice often will nest closest to their food source, within a dark wall void, attic, or basement space.
- House mice can certainly pose a threat once they enter a home. Their droppings and urine excretions can carry harmful diseases and cause allergy issues in children.
This is why it is important to eliminate the mouse issue immediately and take steps to prevent them from entering in the future. To keep mice and other rodents out of your home or business, make sure all holes of larger diameter than a pencil are sealed. Keep areas clear and store boxes off of the floor because mice can hide in clutter. Regularly inspect the home for signs of mice including droppings, gnaw marks, and damaged food goods.
Residential and Commercial Rodent Control
With years of experience removing mice and preventing infestations, Eco Serve Pest Control has the expertise to handle your situation. Our residential and commercial programs routinely handle mice problems in homes and businesses around Western New York. When our team comes to your home or business, we do not just set up traps and leave. We provide rodent control which involves inspecting exterior and interior spaces around your building with the intent to establish preventative measures that keep mice out of your home throughout the year. We seal gaps, cracks, and locate problem areas that need to be addressed as an integral component of your entire pest control strategy.
Facts About Rats in Your Home
The Norway rat is the most common rat we find in the Western New York region.
- This rat is about 7-9 1/2 inches long
- It is brown in color with black hairs scattered along the backside. The underside of the rat is a gray to white color.
- They have a blunt muzzle and their tales are longer than the size of their body.
- Norway rats are primarily nocturnal and enter a home in the fall time when the temperatures drop and food sources become scarce.
- Rats are known to gnaw on many types of surfaces such as foam insulation, plastics, and caulking to obtain food or water.
- Typically, rats will live outdoors in fields and farmlands, preferring loose soil near riverbanks, in garbage and woodpiles, and under concrete slabs.
- They dig out burrows for which to create their nests. Inside a home or building, they will nest in basements, piles of debris, or undisturbed materials.
- Rats can enter through a hole the size of a quarter.
- There are many health and safety risks associated with rats. They constantly are gnawing on wood and wiring which can cause electrical and fire safety risks as well as structural damage. In addition to their gnawing, rats are vectors of diseases including plague, jaundice, rat-bite fever, cowpox virus, trichinosis, and salmonellosis.
What Are Ways to Prevent Rodent Infestations?
While you wait for our team of exterminators to arrive, you can begin to prepare some preventative measures:
- Store food safely: Do not leave food out uncovered for an extended time and store food in sturdy plastic, glass, or metal tubs.
- Seal Entryways: Look for any cracks or crevices along the walls, drafty areas along older doors or windows should also be inspected.
- Secure Your Trash: Place any garbage securely in receptacles that are located a distance away from your home with heavy lids covering them.
- Exterior Building Checks: Keep outside doors shut to garages and sheds.
Contact Eco Serve Pest Services Today
At Eco Serve Pest Services, we offer professional rodent control to help remove rats from homes and businesses across all of Western New York. If you suspect a rodent infestation, contact your Buffalo, NY pest professionals at Eco Serve Pest Services to receive more information. Contact us today to schedule your free estimate, give us a call at 716-293-2500!
Areas We Service in New York
Here at Eco Serve Pest Services, we are built around a commitment to customer service, transparency, and giving back. In addition to serving our community by providing pest management, we also give back through events such as food drives, our team day of giving, and other philanthropic events. When you let us help you, you help us give back to our larger community.